I recently shot a feature story for Westword, about the 10 best outdoor sculptures in Denver.
For a newcomer to the Mile High City, this assignment was an awesome way to discover some great art in the area. And landing a cover shot was just the cherry on top. These sculptures are just part of the amazing art sprinkled around town, and coupled with all the murals and art events, only testifies to the commitment on the Denver community to its art scene.
You can read detailed information about each sculpture by CLICKING HERE
Here are the 10 best outdoor sculptures in Denver, according to Westword:
1. Mustang (also known as Blucifer) by Luis Jimenez.
2. “Articulated Wall” by Herbert Bayer.
3. “Bronco Buster” (background) and “On the War Trail” (foreground), by Alexander Phimister Proctor.
4. “Pioneer Fountain” by Frederick MacMonnies.
5.“Thatcher Memorial Fountain” by Lorado Taft.
6. Burns Park Sculpture Garden by Various artists.
7.“Soft Landing” by Kenneth Snelson.
8.“Lao Tzu” by Mark di Suvero.
9. “Indeterminate Line” by Bernar Venet.
10. “I See What You Mean” by Lawrence Argent.